Brinley is feeling better, at least her fever is gone. She is dealing with chemo now, and her cough is still yucky, but she did not get a fever yesterday or today, whew.
Brinley got a fever last night and we made the trip in to the ER at 9 or so. Her counts were great and so they gave her the antibiotic, took a blood culture and sent us on our way around 1am. She was already scheduled for her chemo today, so we went in to clinic this morning. She woke up with 102 fever, but Tylenol brought it down to 100. Clinic went well, she got her chemo and we talked to the doctor. The only change this month will be she will no longer take the IV pentamidine. She got so sick last month during the infusion, they decided it was not worth it to put her through that any more. So our next and last option for this situation (these antibiotics prevent a particular type of flu that is very hard to treat in cancer patients) is to give her dapsone every day. It is only for 2 more months, so hopefully this one works out. We are also going to check her again to see if her counts are still high (4200 ANC today!) so that we can increase her chemo. They don't like to do it when the kids are sick because blood counts can do wacky things when you are sick.
Brinley's Cancer Fighting Friends
- ► 2011 (22)
- ▼ 2010 (68)
- ► 2009 (135)
- ► 2008 (93)